If you are looking for the ideal location to spend a holiday with your children, Isola Rossa is just the place for you. I am the mother of two children, so I will try to give you the best possible advice on how to spend a relatively peaceful holiday.
- Don’t despair if your young ones wake up early! The local bars, which offer excellent breakfasts (strong coffee which will get you on your feet), are open from seven in the morning and are only a few minutes’ walk away.
- Get into your swimming costume before breakfast, load up with beach toys, sunshades and towels so you can go to the beach directly from the bar. If you don’t want to look like pack animals, you can rent loungers and sunshades on the beach and leave your toys there for the whole of your holiday.
- Both beaches in Isola Rossa (Spiaggia Lunga and Spiaggia Li Femini) are also suitable for young children thanks to their gentle incline into the water. When your little angels start to get bored, take them for a ride on a pedalo, a canoe, inflatable banana or a boat. If even that doesn’t work, persuade your partners to build your children a sandcastle, take them to a beach bar for an ice-cream or send them straight home (all of the holiday apartments are near the beach).
- Visit the small children’s playground in Isola Rossa, which is one of a kind as it offers parents an amazing view of the sea.
- If your offspring are being naughty, blackmail them with things like: “Stop it or you’re not going on the roundabout tonight!” or “No circus today!” or the other effective: “I’m not buying you anything at the market this evening!” Yes, that’s right. Isola Rossa also offers a fun time to be had for children in the evening. Enjoy a walk by the sea against the backdrop of a romantic sunset and then take your children to the roundabouts which can be found at the edge of the town during the months of July and August or take them to the local market which is held three times a week on the promenade in the centre. A circus and children’s theatre come to Isola Rossa during the summer. You might just be in luck.
- Treat your children to a day packed with fun in the Aquafantasy water park which is located on a hill above Isola Rossa. Slides, chutes, a slow-flowing river, foam party and pools suitable for toddlers await them there. While your children are playing, you can enjoy a massage in the whirlpool bath or have a rest by the pool with a view of the sea.
- Is the weather cloudy? It doesn’t happen often, but
- this could be the perfect opportunity to visit the Terme di Casteldoria natural spa with hot springs (22 km from Isola Rossa) or the thermal indoor swimming pools near Casteldoria. Or why not set out to investigate the surrounding area which is packed with small towns and villages worth visiting such as Castelsardo, Aggius, Tempio Pausania, Luras, Santa Teresa di Gallura and many others.
- Would you like another tip for keeping your little darlings entertained? Then make sure to take an adventurous boat trip to the Arcipelago della Maddalena National Park with its untouched beaches and wealth of underwater life. Don’t forget to bring your googles and snorkel!
- If your children love animals, take a trip to the nearby riding arena which organises horse riding for the young and old.
Have you run out of ideas about where to go? Stop off at the sports centre which offers a child minding service in high seasonJ